Partner | M&A
Her practice focuses on corporate, compliance, contractual, regulatory and securities market matters, as well as on the execution of mergers and acquisitions and local and cross-border financing transactions, providing legal advice to local and transnational clients in their business and investments in Peru.
Joanna has a particular focus on corporate governance issues and on private and public offerings of securities by local and foreign issuers.
She holds a law degree from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú and a Master of Laws degree from Northwestern University.
In addition, she has work experience abroad as a Visiting Attorney in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets at Shearman & Sterling LLP, New York office.
She participated as a speaker at the “Mergers and Acquisitions in Latin America: Challenges and Best Practices in the Era of Compliance” Conference organized by the International Bar Association (IBA) in Santiago de Chile, March 2019.
- Mass Consumption and Retail
- Real Estate
- Financial Institutions
- Projects and Infrastructure
- Northwestern University, Chicago, 2016 – Master’s Degree in Law (Executive LL.M.)
- IE Business School, Madrid, 2016 – Certificate in Business Administration.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima, 2009 – Lawyer
- Lima Bar Association