Partner | Criminal Law and Corporate Compliance
His experience includes representing companies, shareholders, directors and executives in criminal investigations and proceedings before the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Judiciary; in addition to advising domestic and foreign companies on corporate compliance, designing crime prevention models that meet the needs and complexities required, as well as in the implementation of the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention System.
Diego also has extensive experience in preventive advice to minimize criminal contingencies in corporate, contractual or tax operations and business in general. He also has extensive experience in providing training to different types of companies on crime prevention models and on the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention System, as well as in the implementation of whistleblowing channels.
He is the author of several articles on Criminal Law and Corporate Compliance in local legal magazines.
He is a specialist in Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Corporate Compliance. He is a lawyer from Universidad de Lima, and has a Master’s Degree in Criminal Law from Universidad de Sevilla and doctorate studies at the same University. He also holds a certification in compliance by Asociación Española de Normalización y Certificación de Madrid.
- White-Collar Crime
- Food and Beverage
- Mass Consumption and Retail
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Healthcare
- Real Estate
- Financial Institutions
- Mining, Oil and Gas
- Ports and Maritime
- Technology and Communications
- Asociación Española de Normalización (AENOR), Madrid, 2019 – Specialist in Compliance
- Universidad del Pacífico, Lima, 2017 – Diploma of Specialization Program in Compliance and Good Corporate Practices
- Sociedad Nacional de Minería, Petróleo y Energía, Lima 2013 – Diploma of Specialization in Mining and Law
- Universidad de Sevilla, Andalucía, 2011 – Master’s Degree in Criminal Law | “Thesis: Civil Liability derived from Crime”
- Universidad de Sevilla, Andalucía – Doctoral candidate in Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure.
- Universidad de Lima, Lima, 2008 – Lawyer
- Lima Bar Association